Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Will the phone call with the wood guy did some good he showed up at the door.  I was just starting to put on my makeup, still in pj's.  Of course Ter was taking Meg for her daily walk.   Thought the stranger at the door could be the wood guy.  After a lot of pantomining, we got the point across, he would bring 70 euros of wood today at 4 pm.  He did and the wood box is stocked, ready for guest.  He (Cristobel) was so kind and patient I had to give him a big hug!

So now time to get ready for church, Ter walked down with me and we ran into Josie, Angie and Peter at the plaza.  No church, they changed the time and besides that I was an hour late, everyone moved their clocks ahead 1 hour, like we did at home 3 weeks ago.

We have enjoyed visiting with guest from all over England.  The ladies at knitting circle say there is quite a difference is accents from different areas of England.  But I really have not noticed that much difference.  They do use the word "proper" a lot.  I finished my first knitting project a cowl neck scarf, will put up a picture.  Feeling like a success!

Getting use to Meg and having to dust and sweep daily, socks look furry all the time!  Luckily she does not seem to bother my asthma.  Took a few nights to get use to her heavy breathing under our bed, kept thinking it was Ter at first:)

Planning a trip to Albox and then on to a monastary in the hills, we were going to go tomorrow, but Warren and Betsy informed us Albox has a flea market on Saturday that sounds inviting.

At knitting this week, we got to talking about bugs.  They said that now that the lizards are out so will the scorpions be out.  They have centipedes here too and some thing called procession caterpillars that our suppose to be very toxic to dogs and humans if you touch them.  Great one of the ladies told me she checks her bed every night.   Okay this was on April 1st, but I really think I trust this person.  so guess who is now checking her bed.  Thankful the work I had planned to do in weeding and sprucing up the yard is all done! Working on more pictures having some technical difficulties

No comments:

Post a Comment